Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Well, I guess it is just writing in general that makes other people uncomfortable. Whether it be on a Laptop, or in a Little Book, it just makes people nervous. Just like Diana Gabaldon said, whenever you try to go write, everyone tries to think up ways to stop you or interrupt you. While I was trying to get a feel for this blog yesterday, and started writing the beginning posts, Jordan and Preston both interfered! He kept sitting down pretending not to look at what I was writing, then asked questions about things he happened to see, like why did I have a word hyper-linked for example. When I told him, he didn't understand why that either. HaHa! Jordan wanted to use the computer so she kept complaining about why I had to write something that probably nobody else would ever read. Why did I need a blog in the first place, why write something nobody else would be interested in? Non-writers don't understand the self fulfillment of just writing. It is for yourself, and if someone else happens to read it and is entertained by it, that is added gratification. Writers like to re-read what they have written, gain extra enjoyment from editing and making it sound even better, changing a word here or there to even more articulate the exact meaning of the point they are trying to make. Finding the perfect word is very fulfulling! Writing also gives you the opportunity to explore new words and add to your vocabulary. I have a second window opened to Dictionary.com/Thesaurus.com when I write anything on the computer, and use them both as I write to find just the right words. If I'm writing in my Little Book, I'll jot down words to look up when I get home.

No comments: